Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with wifi not turning on after repeatingly pressing on the toggle?

I have a rooted samsung galaxy s4 from verizon running 4.4.2 and for some reason my wifi stopped working! :(

I have already tried factory resetting, and pulling the battery out the phone when its on and off as well as waiting for seconds. Also I have disabled all of the samsung knox related apps and removed them except for the klms agent one. Idk if its hardware or not but when I tried turning on the wifi when I reset the phone, It said something like 'your device's security has blocked an action that is not permitted". I'm about to lose it already cause I really want my wifi to work again cause I have a 1gb data cap lol. :( THX!

Default Re: Help with wifi not turning on after repeatingly pressing on the toggle?

A member recently mentioned in a post how he could only turn on wifi if he turned on Airplane Mode first. Worth a try?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Help with wifi not turning on after repeatingly pressing on the toggle?

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    A member recently mentioned in a post how he could only turn on wifi if he turned on Airplane Mode first. Worth a try?

Didn't work

Sorry. Try poking about in Settings, Security and see if changing any of the settings...temporarily at least...does anything.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

idek what I'm doing in security settings man lol. Swear I've never been this mad with a phone in my life.

'Your device's security has blocked an action which is not permitted' is what I was thinking of. What it means I don't know but I thought you might be able to disable this or that in Security to get it working.

I've lost the ability to post links but if you go Android Central Community/Help and Advice/ Guides and How To (or something like that) you'll find B.Diddy's wifi guide which may help.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

What page is it on cause im on 5 and I cant find it plus i cant click on the guys name

It's Forums/ Android Central Community/General Help and How to/Ambassador Guides etc/(Guide) Troubleshooting Wifi etc. Author B.Diddy.

If you can find the thread called Not Connecting to Wifi, here in Ask A Question, there's a link in it to the piece. I'm sorry I can't post a link myself, don't understand why, always used to be okay. I guess I just got out of clown college.

[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

That did it.