06-01-2015 09:11 AM
32 12
tools
    More than one day and safe mode (plus gmail, chrome, whatsapp, clock and calls) is working fine. Does this necessarily mean the problem is because an app?
    belodion likes this.
    08-20-2014 05:35 PM
    More than one day and safe mode (plus gmail, chrome, whatsapp, clock and calls) is working fine. Does this necessarily mean the problem is because an app?
    Yes, it could be an app, or more than one app, causing the trouble. I was thinking that yesterday, but saw from your earlier post that you have entered Safe Mode. So you will be re-installing them one at a time, and testing each. That will take a long time.
    I have experienced trouble with apps and tend to avoid them.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-20-2014 06:27 PM
    Thanks for this belodion,

Yes, I had the problem before the 4.4.4 update. When I saw 4.4.4 was available I hoped it would solve the problem but it didn't. As mentioned, there seem to be several things which could be causing this. A network problem, a KitKat problem or a Moto G hardware problem. All seem to be possible reasons. Hard to know what to do. I am not sure I want a recon phone from the same folks who said my phone had no faults. They might think the same of the replacement.
    belodion likes this.
    08-21-2014 04:07 AM
    I wonder whether it would be worth trying Safe Mode, such as Cococurri is doing? If you don't know how, this explains:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...kw/safe%20mode

Perhaps you also have a bad app on the Nokia which is also causing the problem. (Please excuse the barrel-scraping here.)

Posted via Android Central App
    08-21-2014 07:53 AM
    Hi. It has been a long time of testing. Safe mode, factory reset and even the Moto G Google Play Edition rom didn't work.

I called my provider asking for a "cache wipe" of my SIM card information on their servers or somthing like that. At thesame time i changed my settings to prefer 2G connections. That work fine for an entire week (wifi, 2G, calls, sms, all apps). Yesterday i changed back the setting to prefer 3G (also i disabled the wifi for testing) and it started to fail again after some hours although now the problem last for a while and then it work ok again so i dont miss too much calls and is less annoying (at the begining i had to reset the phone or go to airplane mode).

It seems that the source of the problem is 3G. There is a small chance that what my phone provider did in their servers has helped a bit.

Using exclusively 2G insted of 3G (+wifi) is the best solution for me right now because i can do everything i want since I rarely need speed when I go out.
    09-12-2014 02:19 PM
    Thanks Belodion,

The coverage checker shows that I am on the edge of a 3G area. I recall when I had my Nokia set to dual mode it would sometimes fail to find the 3G signal and thus show no signal intead of finding the 2G signal. I then set it to GPRS and it has been generally OK.

The Moto G will sometimes show an E network connection or G or H or H+ with varying numbers of signal bars showing.

I am told Vodaphone is good in my area but Ofcom say they are not the best in many rural areas. It is only a couple of percent below the others though.

I'll ask my local group if any of them are on the O2 network.
    Omg, this is exactly what my phone is doing and no one can figure it out. Is the E G and H normal for Moto G?? Is there any fix to be able to make or receive calls because my phone won't let me the calls just drop. And this is a brand new phone.
    01-18-2015 09:18 PM
    Hi

I have had a similar problem. After updating my moto g to the latest update 5.0.2 lollipop i have been unable to place calls as it appears "call not sent". I have never had a problem with the phone before. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you
    06-01-2015 09:11 AM
32 12