green screen after water damage loose or broken connection
I dropped my phone in a puddle of water after that occurred I left it in rice and that absorbed most of the moisture and after that I opened my phone and used alcohol to dry out the motherboard. It worked for a while on restoring my phone but now theres a green screen that replaces my screen if I don't hold my phone really tightly. It makes me feel that something came loose when I opened up my phone.
- 08-14-2014, 05:43 PM #2
Re: green screen after water damage loose or broken connection
The rice absorbed the water and concentrated the impurities. Drying out the motherboard with a little alcohol did little to change that. The phone is probably full of shorts, due to conductive impurities in the water. (Filtered drinking water is not much cleaner than a mud puddle as far as a cellphone is concerned.) I'd consider the phone a total loss unless it's an expensive phone (the repair bill will be more than the price of many phones).
For your future knowledge, read Wet Phone (Better yet, if the phone is going to be in a wet environment - even a heavy rain - use a pair of zip-lock baggies to waterproof it. Not getting the phone wet is the best way of "fixing" water damage.)
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2014, 02:19 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2014, 04:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-14-2014, 04:49 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2014, 03:43 PM