Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Switching between apps resets other apps. Any help is greatly appreciated

I have a galaxy s4 and my internet tabs always have to reload when i switch apps, and my games always reload from the beginning when i go in between apps as well. I have tried closing other tabs, but that doesnt work. What does seem to work is that I have to turn off my phone every once in a while which I dont want to do. My s3 never needed to do that or my 4s. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Switching between apps resets other apps. Any help is greatly appreciated

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any task killer or battery saving apps installed? If so, it might be causing apps to force close once you leave them. Also, are your Developer Options activated? Go to Settings>Developer Options​, and make sure "Don't keep activities" is unchecked.

Default Re: Switching between apps resets other apps. Any help is greatly appreciated

deleted the app and that option is not checked. I never messed with dev options. It's still doing it

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support