Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Getting new phone and I have 3 choices.

So my mom is offering to get me a new phone for college, and I have three choices in mind, and I almost think it's time to leave Android. Since it's this week, I can't wait for the Moto X upgrade that I want, so I'm thinking either the Z30 or... The Fire Phone. Yes. The Fire Phone. I mainly use my phone for communication and social networking as well as on the fly information consumption. Rarely any media. To my knowledge both stores have the apps I need but which one does the community here think is more future proof. And remember, I'm not looking to watch videos or game on my phone, it is a phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting new phone and I have 3 choices.-1408063384331.jpg   Getting new phone and I have 3 choices.-1408063398392.jpg  

Default Re: Getting new phone and I have 3 choices.

Imop, if you are going to use it just as a phone (messaging, calls) + social networking (Facebook, Twitter...) you could basically get any phone out there nowadays.
    Maybe you should look into the looks of the phone and hardware specs for better performance.
    Amazon's phone is new and promises unique features. If you've been a long time Android user and you want something new and a bit different- go for it.
    In regards to the future- I doubt anyone would beat Google and Android any time soon... They have the biggest and fastest growing community. There are constant improvement offered by developers all over the world. With that being said though, the Fire Phone has an Android based OS, so you would benefit regardless.
    Go to a store and try them out... See how they "talk" back to you
    Either way, just weigh your options and likes and dislikes, and go pick up one... And enjoy!

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

What is the third choice? You only listed 2 phones.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    What is the third choice? You only listed 2 phones.
    Moto X, sorry... Forgot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Mobile Nations mobile app