Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default unfortunately Contacts has stopped

I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 for the past one month..since morning while i am trying to open Contacts the following message is appearing. the message is as follows " Unfortunately contacts has stopped"...can anybody help please....

Default Re: unfortunately Contacts has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, selecting Contacts, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, you could consider Clear Data, but do this only if you have your contacts synced with Google, rather than associated with the Phone account. If your account are on the Phone account, clearing data might erase them without any option of recovering them.

You can also try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.