Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By M_Mary
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default scrapbook

I need help please. Whenever I go to a website and I open scrapbook and circle example A recipe I would like to save, it will only take a snap Shot of what I circled and not attach the URL link to it. Thanks

Default Re: scrapbook

I think that if you 'cricle' something, it just copies the image of the selection to the clipboard as a picture, not a link. If you want to save the page. When on it, click the menu button, select SHARE, and do so to Scrapbook. It should save a snippet of the webpage along the address.

Update. For some reason, I didn't remember you could do that BEFORE. I do have saved webpages that I 'circled' and they have the URL attached. But now it's not possible, for some reason.
    UJ95x likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks SpookDroid .....i tried it your way and it worked. I don't know why we have to do it this way now. I have a few old recipes saved in my scrapbook that I just had to circle and the link automatically showed up with the content I circled. Ohhh well. Thank you for your time in answering my question
    SpookDroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Mary View Post
    Thanks SpookDroid .....i tried it your way and it worked. I don't know why we have to do it this way now. I have a few old recipes saved in my scrapbook that I just had to circle and the link automatically showed up with the content I circled. Ohhh well. Thank you for your time in answering my question
    I share web pages to a new S-Note.
    It only saves the url, but I rename the S-Note before closing instead of leaving the timestamp as a title.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I think that if you 'cricle' something, it just copies the image of the selection to the clipboard as a picture, not a link. If you want to save the page. When on it, click the menu button, select SHARE, and do so to Scrapbook. It should save a snippet of the webpage along the address.

Update. For some reason, I didn't remember you could do that BEFORE. I do have saved webpages that I 'circled' and they have the URL attached. But now it's not possible, for some reason.
    That's not what scrapbook do. Scrapbook should collect picture, after S-pen circling, along with URL. Many users are complaining that after OS updates scrapbook does not collect web addresses along with pictures...

sent from note3

That's what we said. It could do it BEFORE, but now it can't.
    anon8380037 likes this.

I tested this problem with Chrome and the native browser.

On Chrome (latest update), it is NOT collecting meta data/URL.

But, in the native browser, that URL information is collected.

Had anybody tried various browsers, to include Opera, Firefox, etc.?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by AgentScribe View Post
    I tested this problem with Chrome and the native browser.

On Chrome (latest update), it is NOT collecting meta data/URL.

But, in the native browser, that URL information is collected.

Had anybody tried various browsers, to include Opera, Firefox, etc.?

Posted via Android Central App
    God bless you for this information. i didn't know that. For me problem is solved.

sent from note3