Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default galaxy S3, dot turned red and battery shows a little bit red on the strip.

Hi I dropped my galaxy S 3 in the water for a few seconds, picked it up opened it up dried it as quickly as possible then tried the old rice trick, threw it in a big bowl of rice for a couple days, then threw it on charge over night, shows charging and also fully charged, but when I go to start it up it doesn't fully load, it loads about 3/4 of the way then shuts off, is there anything I can do, or am I pretty much screwd :S. thanks for the help everyone.

Default Re: galaxy S3, dot turned red and battery shows a little bit red on the strip.

Are you able to enter Recovery mode? If you can, try clearing cache there and rebooting, see if that helps.

Default Re: galaxy S3, dot turned red and battery shows a little bit red on the strip.

to do this, must I hold volume, power and home button all at the same time ?? and if so for how long ? thanks for the help

I tried what I have just posted, seen in blue writing at the top left corner recovery booting, then a beep, then a few seconds later a empty battery symbol with what looks like a frozen loading button, then 10-15 seconds later shows me battery charging and full

wait a second, tried it again, now I have an android with chest open saying no command, and im at a screen saying things like android system recovery<3e> and options like reboot system, apply update from adb, apply update from external storage, wipe date/factory reset, wipe cache partition and apply update from cache, what option should I try ? thanks for the help again

It should be the 'wipe cache partition'. It's good that you can enter recovery, it means your phone is not entirely dead. If that doesn't work, you MIGHT have to do a factory reset, but that would mean you'd lose your data