Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Restore sms backup files to old phone

I had an HTC phone that completely died. I had recently copied what I think was the file with all my texts onto my PC. It is called sms backup I think. It is about 5mb.

I NEED to review a bunch of my client texts! I have researched the net endlessly and can't seem to find the right solution. First question: can I just open and read this sms backup file on my PC? What do I need to do this? An app I can download?

If not, I have an older Droid Bionic that still works. It has no active cell service but still has wifi. I downloaded SMS Backup Restore to it. And then I connected my Droid to the computer and moved the folder sms_backup to the folder on the mini sd in the Droid Bionic named SMDBackupRestore. I o1pened the restore app on the Droid, but it keeps saying that it can not find any backup files in the configured folder /mnt/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/. Any ideas?

Default Re: Restore sms backup files to old phone

Downloading it onto your device it should be sufficient. It has the option to Restore and it asks for the stock location or a custom location of your pick to retrieve the file from. Then you can also VIEW it right from the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.