Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Restore sms backup files to old phone

I had an HTC phone that completely died. I had recently copied what I think was the file with all my texts onto my PC. It is called sms backup I think. It is about 5mb.

I NEED to review a bunch of my client texts! I have researched the net endlessly and can't seem to find the right solution. First question: can I just open and read this sms backup file on my PC? What do I need to do this? An app I can download?

If not, I have an older Droid Bionic that still works. It has no active cell service but still has wifi. I downloaded SMS Backup Restore to it. And then I connected my Droid to the computer and moved the folder sms_backup to the folder on the mini sd in the Droid Bionic named SMDBackupRestore. I o1pened the restore app on the Droid, but it keeps saying that it can not find any backup files in the configured folder /mnt/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/. Any ideas?

Default Re: Restore sms backup files to old phone

Downloading it onto your device it should be sufficient. It has the option to Restore and it asks for the stock location or a custom location of your pick to retrieve the file from. Then you can also VIEW it right from the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en