Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Soft Brick?

i have tryed (with the help from dosdude1) to flash cyanogenmod 11 onto my samsung galaxy player 5.0 USA and after trying to install gapps, i rebooted and it doesnt do anything except say "SAMSUNG". nothing happns. i can go into recovery but i dont want to do anything.
    please help REALLY FAST

Global Posts
    9,452 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Soft Brick?

In recovery mode, try wiping the cache partition. Might just be an issue with the booting of the device.
    That will not delete any user data, so you don't have to worry about backing anything up.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Is this a Galaxy S5 phone or a Samsung mp3 player? (If it's an S5 phone, for which carrier? You can't flash a CM ROM to a Verizon or AT&T S5.)

Global Posts
    9,452 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Is this a Galaxy S5 phone or a Samsung mp3 player? (If it's an S5 phone, for which carrier? You can't flash a CM ROM to a Verizon or AT&T S5.)
    It's the MP3 player.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It's the MP3 player.

Hey thx for the reply but dosdude1 (I should call him ender lol) has helped me. Yeah it was all my fault, the gapps maybe. But I'll keep the clear cache partition in mind in case I mess up again. =) thanks

Global Posts
    9,452 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofaperson View Post
    Hey thx for the reply but dosdude1 (I should call him ender lol) has helped me. Yeah it was all my fault, the gapps maybe. But I'll keep the clear cache partition in mind in case I mess up again. =) thanks
    Ah, OK. Glad it's working again