Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default please help need to recover photo file

please help I have a samsung galaxy s4 and the other day . I really dont know how I deleted a photo out of the camera gallery and by mistake deleted my whole 1550 pictures. I am devestated as I had some real important pictures on there which I really need back. any one know what to do please.........

Default Re: please help need to recover photo file

Hello,

We get his question asked quite often. Unless your device was rooted prior to deleting these pictures there isn't a whole lot you can do. Even with as I mentioned a rooted device and using a program called Disk Digger nothing is certain that you can get them back.

That is why it is always important to have your device sync'd to Google for photos, videos and/or 3rd party cloud storage like DropBox.

Wish I had a better answer
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: please help need to recover photo file

One last resort to try is to open the Photos app (not the Gallery app), swipe in from the left, scroll down, and select Trash--see if any of the photos are there. But I think this will only show any photos you deleted using the Photos app, not the Gallery app.
    Paul627g likes this.