HTC One wont even let me hard reset

A

AC Question

I was just watching tv and went to check facebook on my HTC One but the screen stayed black and the LED home and back buttons were on. I then tried to power down the device by holding the power button down. This caused the LEDs to flash for a good minute or so.

Now it wont turn on. I have tried doing the hard factory reset by holding the power button and volume down, and even volume up keys for a minute or more.

When I plug it into my PC via USB, the PC makes the disconnection noise and then a strange 3 beep noise, but the red LED wont come on. Even when it is plugged into the wall.

Could someone please help me because I am running out of ideas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which HTC One is it? Do you remember what the battery level was when it freaked out?

Try keeping it plugged into a wall outlet for about 10 hours, undisturbed, to make sure it's fully charged.

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which HTC One is it? Do you remember what the battery level was when it freaked out?

Try keeping it plugged into a wall outlet for about 10 hours, undisturbed, to make sure it's fully charged.

Thanks!
It is just the HTC One, the one after the One X and before the M8. It was between 30 and 50%, cant really remember specifically.