S5 Notification Sounds When No Notification

A

AC Question

Hi all,

New member here so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place.

My S5 (the S2 did it to) continually makes a notification sound when there is no actual message or need for the notification

Samsung tell me it is a bug in one of the non approved apps I have installed. Is there a way to know which one ??
I have disabled all the notifications in all the apps I can think of.
Have performed a Factory Reset and then reinstalled most of the apps I had before. Yet, the problem continues. (Of course if the bug is in one of the apps!)

Any advice please ? It's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance,
Tara

DeadMoneyDrew

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Be sure that you don't have the text messaging application set to repeat notifications. Not long ago I enabled that feature but then forgot having done it, then I couldn't figure out why the notification bell kept sounding every 10 minutes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the notification you keep hearing the same default tone as with other notifications, or is it a different tone? If it's different, it could be due to the NFC chip, which can give a tone if something else with an NFC chip is nearby. Yahoo Mail is another common culprit for mysterious notifications.

me-tara-lee

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

I had not been using Yahoo" mail (I don't even know what we call it here in OZ) anyway I set up the "Yahoo" mail with my Hotmail and not a problem since.

All hail Bdiddy my new hero ! I may just have a techie crush on you now !
THANK YOU AGAIN.
Tara

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke