need help my prism II gallery says my images are unavailable but they show up in file manager!?

A

AC Question

so I was having issues with my phone because internal storage was low so I deleted some apps and I might have accidently clicked "clear cache" (whatever that means) and I checked my gallery and it said none of my images were available! so I went into the file manager and sure enough they were there so I unmounted my sd card and then put it back in twice and it still says the images and unavailable how do I make my images reappear in my gallery!?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you wiped the cache partition and not something else? That won't delete any personal data, so I doubt that's what caused it.
Try downloading another gallery app like Photos (You need to download Google + and that will include the Photos app), and seeing if they show up there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to try is to go to Settings>Apps>All​, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and wait a few minutes, since it may take some time for the Gallery's database to repopulate with your photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have a Prism II? Are you rooted? You can't uninstall a system app like the Camera if you're not rooted. Are you sure you didn't just remove the Camera shortcut icon from the homescreen? Is it gone from your App Drawer as well? Go to Settings>Apps>All, and scroll all the way down to see if it's Disabled (or, if you have a Samsung device, go to the App Manager and look for Camera).