S4 not charging when using video adapter

A

AC Question

Occasionally I want to watch streamed from phone onto TV.

Advised not to just use HDMI lead as HDMI output & charging socket are same and you need to keep power to phone during playback.
On advice I bought genuine Samsung Video adapter EPL-3FHUBEGSTD this has a socket for charger ...

The video/Audio plays fine to TV so that side of things great, but the whole purpose of adapter is not working ... it does not charge phone (or even power form adapter) during use .....
Is there any firmware code or similar needed to allow this ?
Charger is genuine Samsung one and works fine
Phone is S4 GT I950S running 4.4.2 no hacking or rooting carried out - standard phone.

Tafflad

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
This item works without any AC power ... you only need to plug AC power (microUSB) into the vido adapter if you want to charge phone while it is streaming video ..... which is why I bought this device and not using just an HDMI cable.
Specs quote "With the HDTV adapter, you can playback your videos on your HD-ready TV. You'll be filled with wonder what your phone can do with the Samsung S3 and HDTV adapter as your Galaxy S3 is capable of recording and playing back video in full 1080p HD. You can also connect a micro USB mains power cable to the device at the same time as the HDTV adapter has a micro USB port on it to accept power. So, you can watch a film stored on the Galaxy S3, play it through your HDTV and keep the phone charged at the same time. "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde