AT&T Galaxy S4--missing letters in screen icons!
Okay, so this is bizarre. Has anyone heard of "missing" letters in screen icons?
I just bought an unlocked Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. I don't yet have a SIM card in it--I'm planning to use this in Europe, so I'm waiting to buy a SIM when I arrive in Italy. Meantime, I'm using WiFi to preload apps, import my contacts, etc.
Twice in the last couple of days, one or more letters will go missing from shortcut/icon names on the screen. For example, yesterday my Camera app was labeled "Ca era," and my Gmail app was labeled "G ail".
I rebooted the phone and the problem went away. Today--surprise!--the M's are fine, but now the letters H and G have gone walkabout.
Any insights? Could it have something to do with a lack of SIM? I did put an SD card in it.
I can exchange this phone (bought it on eBay from a great seller). But if there is a quick--and lasting--fix it would be a heck of a lot easier.
Thanks for any help.
- 08-16-2014, 11:43 AM #2
That's weird...don't think it's a sim issue, but I have seen cases where that is the cause of a seemingly unrelated problem.
Try booting into recovery mode, and wiping the cache partition.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
- 08-16-2014, 03:32 PM #3
- 08-16-2014, 03:47 PM #4
- 08-16-2014, 04:23 PM #5
- 08-16-2014, 04:32 PM #6
- 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM #7
- 08-25-2014, 09:12 AM #8
- 08-25-2014, 09:24 AM #9
- By xamadeix in forum LG G3Replies: 23Last Post: 08-30-2014, 07:48 AM
- By baillebeag in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 5Last Post: 08-16-2014, 06:40 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:07 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:05 PM
- By marios1441 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:34 AM