Desire to leave messages unread on desktop
My husband has Motorola android cell. When he reads emails on his phone it syncs with his laptop showing that the email has been read. He would like his laptop to keep the email as unread so that he can see and respond on the more complicated issues when he gets back to the laptop. Is there a solution to this?
- 08-16-2014, 11:45 AM #2
- 08-16-2014, 12:38 PM #3
Re: Desire to leave messages unread on desktop
Make sure both the laptop and the phone have the email account set up as an IMAP account, not a POP3 account. What you do with a POP3 connection is reflected to all devices using that email account. An IMAP connection treats each device separately.
- By Paul Stamp in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 09-12-2015, 12:32 PM
- By baillebeag in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 5Last Post: 08-16-2014, 06:40 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:05 PM
- By marios1441 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:34 AM
- By hiei29 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:12 AM