SD card suddently stopped working on Samsung S5
Today when I turned on my phone I was going to look at a picture I took the other day. When I looked in the gallery there were no pictures available. Looking further it said that my SD card was not mounted. Any suggestions on how to retrieve the pictures and video and then get the SD card to work again? Thanks in advance!
- 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM #2
- 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM #3
Re: SD card suddently stopped working on Samsung S5
Mount the card in the adapter, then plug that into an SD card-to-USB adapter and put the card into your computer. Download PhotoRec - CGSecurity burn it to a CD and boot the computer from the CD. Aim PhotoRec at the SD card and let it recover whatever is recoverable. (It will recover any block of data that looks like a file or piece of a file - assuming that it's not the controller in the card that went bad, in which case the card is now just a piece of plastic, epoxy and metal, and putting the memory chip into a working card would cost about the same as a new luxury sedan.)
Then, unless it's a SanDisk card, break or shred it (so nothing can be recovered from the memory chip) and buy a SanDisk card. If it's a SanDisk card contact them - they'll usually replace it with no problem.
- 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM #4
- 08-16-2014, 08:52 PM #5
- 08-16-2014, 10:09 PM #6
- By brentonbrenton in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 11:42 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2014, 12:38 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 12:18 PM
- By FlashTec in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 0Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:57 AM