Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swipe down or right to search

Old habits die hard, i want a tweak on ny z 2 to swio down of swipe righf to op a search bar like spotlight.

Any advice ?

Default Re: Swipe down or right to search

Do you have an Xperia Z2? Have you considered installing the Google Now Launcher, if available on your phone? That way, when you swipe in from the left, you'll get the Google Now screen, which has the Google Search bar. If you type anything into the Google Search bar, it can search the web and your phone (you can select where on your phone you want to search). Of course, you can do the same thing from the Google Search bar on any homescreen--I'm just suggesting an option that is similar to your old habit of swiping in to get the Searchlight.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Googlrsearch bar is slow...

That's interesting--it's quite fast on my Nexus 5. Searches for contacts or apps on my phone give results instantly. You have the Xperia Z2, correct?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Jip... Z2 and its fadter thab a nexus but stikk way slower than spotlight. As i havr to tap then type. Spotlight its swyoe type

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. If your Z2 is faster than a Nexus 5, and my Nexus 5 gives instantaneous results when using Google Search on the web or the phone, then I don't see how it can be way slower than Spotlight. Is tapping the Google Search Bar and then starting to type really that much slower than swiping Searchlight over and starting to type? It'd be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison.

Global Posts
    23,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Can you elaborate on how the search bar is slow? Also, if you install Google Keyboard, that will allow you to swipe type.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Im back on ios.... Cant handle android or the crappy z2 any longer. The soft and bad quality of calls was the last straw for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk