Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4: Camera problem

When I write to my SD Card, the camera app doesn't start recording until a few seconds after pressing the record button and when I stop recording nothing happens. It just continues to record without actually writing more footage to the card then I loose it, exit the camera app and it's as if nothing happened. I used chkdsk on my card (no problem) and the H2test but my (surprisingly cheap) class 10 sandisk sdhc from ebay doesn't have any other problem than very low writing speed (0.5mb/s) and I haven't had ANY problems until ~3 months after updating to KitKat 4.4.2 (oh how I despise this update). Anyone with the same problem?

Ps. This doesn't happen if I save to device, I'm afraid to save to device then put onto the SD Card because my sd card has been corrupting my recent vids/pics

Global Posts
    5,679 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4: Camera problem

I'd guess (don't hold me to it, I'm just making a semi-educated guess, but my Note 3, running 4.4.2, saves and stops to the SanDisk card just fine) that you have a bad card. Contact SanDisk (look on their site for tech support). They're very easy to work with (which is one reason that's the only card I buy).