Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recovering Pictures from a Broken SD Card in a Samsung Galaxy S4

So, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and a 64GB class 10 Micro HCSD, which I pretty much just use to store pictures. It worked well for a long time, but I also have an 11 month old daughter who likes to throw my phone on the floor. When she does this, the SD card usually pops out of its slot, which I know is bad. The last time this happened was when things started to mess up with the card. Apps that were installed on it won't run properly, some pictures that were stored on it show up, others don't. When I try to open them, they say the file is corrupt and unreadable. The weird thing is, occasionally if I open them, they'll show up for a split second, and then I get the error message. I tried transferring them to the computer, but I couldn't open them there either.

So, my question is, is there any way to recover, or repair, or whatever, pictures from a damaged SD card? I feel like there must be, since I can see them occasionally. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Recovering Pictures from a Broken SD Card in a Samsung Galaxy S4

You can try fixing the corruption on your card by following this guide. Before anything though, I'd suggest backing up the rest of your photos in case you start losing any more.

[GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan