Problem uninstalling apps

A

AC Question

My husband and I bought Galaxy S4 Minis yesterday and, so far, we love them. The only problem that we are having is that my husband cannot uninstall apps that he does not want, such as the ISIS. I was able to uninstall them just fine using the uninstall button on the menu while in the app grid, but his "uninstall" button is not highlighted and therefore he can't click it. Why is this???

Also, I have another question about data usage. We are on a 1GB shared data plan for the two of us. We really want to stick to that limit of 1GB. If I am logged into apps such as instagram, facebook, my email, etc when at home using my wifi when I leave the house and the wifi connection and do not log out of these apps will my data usage instantly begin without my knowing it. I hope this makes sense. We are very new to smart phones and are trying to learn the ropes.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled by the user unless the phone is rooted (a procedure that gives you superuser access--not for novices). Are you sure you were able to completely uninstall ISIS from your phone? It may be that you only uninstalled updates, but the original app is still there. Or perhaps you just removed the shortcut from the homescreen?

Most social media apps will continue to refresh data in the background, so when you're out wi-fi range, it will start using data. You can prevent this from happening by changing the refresh settings within the apps to Manual. For example, open Facebook, tap the menu button, select App Settings, and change the refresh interval to Manual.

Probably a better option would be to turn mobile data on or off depending on when you really need it. If mobile data is turned off, there's no way the phone can use up your data. There are a lot of mobile data toggle widgets available in the Google Play Store--I like Power Toggles.

This might also be helpful for you: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/399060-guide-getting-started-android-2014-a.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay