- 1 Posts
Verizon S4 going to Japan
Hey all, I'm goint to be deployed to Japan in about a month. Ill be there for 7 months and I want to be able to communicate with my wife back in the states. What is the easiest way to go about this? Should I find an international sim?
Sorry for so many questions, all my other deployments there was no chance of having a cell phone, so I am noobie at this.
- 08-16-2014, 11:52 PM #2
Re: Verizon S4 going to Japan
Your best bet would be to buy a sim from a local carrier once you get there. You may not be able to use 4G or LTE if the bands or radios on your device are not compatible, but it should let you talk and text at the very least. I'm not sure if that specific phone is sim unlocked, but I'll see if one of the other guys can answer that for you.
Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
- 08-16-2014, 11:57 PM #3
- By PhoneGlow in forum IntroductionsReplies: 14Last Post: 08-19-2014, 12:26 PM
- By PhoneGlow in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-19-2014, 02:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-18-2014, 03:21 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 10:57 PM
- By rori hamm in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2014, 10:54 PM