Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Can i set different alarm tones for different days?

Hi,

Trying to set my alarms but i want a different song for different days but i cant seem to figure out if it can be done. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Global Posts
    25,881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Can i set different alarm tones for different days?

What device are you using?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Absolutely. Each and every alarm that you set, you can decide which day or days of the week in which it will ring.

Let's say you wanted to wake up at 6:30 AM every morning on weekdays only, but to a different song each day. You will set up 5 different alarms. Set up the first and click on the "M" for Monday. Click "Repeat weekly" so it goes off every week. Scroll down to "Alarm tone" and click on that to pick your sound for the Monday alarm. Click "Save" at the top of the screen.

Now just repeat that whole process, but only click on the first "T" for Tuesday, etc.

***EDIT***

I noticed Golfdriver97 just asked "What device are you using?" Good point. My post was for my Samsung Galaxy 5S. I didn't think about other devices.

Thanks for the replies! Yes its a Samsung Galaxy S5, sorry i didnt even thing to mention that.

Thats the steps i followed but it doesnt give any indication that it has saved separately, just applying the new days settings to all the past ones. i tried changing the alarm name as well and again i just cant see if it has infact worked. Guess ill know by tuesday! lol I will let you know Thanks!

Global Posts
    25,881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Murbahboy View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Yes its a Samsung Galaxy S5, sorry i didnt even thing to mention that.

Thats the steps i followed but it doesnt give any indication that it has saved separately, just applying the new days settings to all the past ones. i tried changing the alarm name as well and again i just cant see if it has infact worked. Guess ill know by tuesday! lol I will let you know Thanks!
    You would have to create as many alarms as you need. So if you need 5 different alarms, you should have 5 different entries.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Thanks for the help everyone! I finally discovered my mistake, I was trying to change the alarm that was showing in the widget shortcut, saving as a different name and hoping it would create a new entry. Discovered that i had to go into the clock setting. Duh. All fixed! Lots of angry music to wake me up for work >_<