OTA Update Process

Axellionn

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently made a post about my Droid RAZR HD not updating properly, and I now think I know one of the problems. My phone used to be rooted, but I unrooted it a few months ago. If a phone was previously rooted, does it still affect the OTA Updating Process? If so, is there a way I can make my phone update it anyway?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Root can break OTA updates. Sometimes unrooting still leaves behind traces that the OTA looks for (i.e. Status custom, etc..)

I would look for a way to see if a PC program can flash the stock ROM, and find the most updated version.

Axellionn

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too knowledgeable about my phone, or the way it works. I'm more of a PC person. Is there a way that you could explain to me how exactly to do it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's different for each phone. Go to the Droid RAZR HD forum on xda and look around for whatever program(s) you'll need to reflash the ROM and a source for it. (Or, if after searching, you can't find an answer, post a question in that forum. But they don't take kindly to questions that have already been answered unless they're very old answers, or buried in a different topic.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781