Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OTA Update Process

I recently made a post about my Droid RAZR HD not updating properly, and I now think I know one of the problems. My phone used to be rooted, but I unrooted it a few months ago. If a phone was previously rooted, does it still affect the OTA Updating Process? If so, is there a way I can make my phone update it anyway?

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    22,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: OTA Update Process

Root can break OTA updates. Sometimes unrooting still leaves behind traces that the OTA looks for (i.e. Status custom, etc..)

I would look for a way to see if a PC program can flash the stock ROM, and find the most updated version.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm not too knowledgeable about my phone, or the way it works. I'm more of a PC person. Is there a way that you could explain to me how exactly to do it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,068 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

It's different for each phone. Go to the Droid RAZR HD forum on xda and look around for whatever program(s) you'll need to reflash the ROM and a source for it. (Or, if after searching, you can't find an answer, post a question in that forum. But they don't take kindly to questions that have already been answered unless they're very old answers, or buried in a different topic.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.