- 10 Posts
Samsung s4 towel root installing custom rom.
Hi there, I am a massive noob when it comes to rooting so I tried the easier route and rooted my Galaxy s4 international using towel root. I then flashed CWM (Latest) onto my device and everything seems to be working. I just want to know if it is safe to flash a custom rom onto my device I don't want to end up messing up my device and spend hours looking for a solution. I also want to know if the bootloader on my device is unlocked, is there anyway to tell I understand that in order to flash a custom recovery onto a mobile device you must have a unlock bootloader but I am just a little paranoid.
Thanks and I am sorry for sounding like a complete ***** :P I am a newbie at all of this stuff.
- 08-17-2014, 02:52 PM #2
- 17 Posts
Re: Samsung s4 towel root installing custom rom.
Your bootloader is unlocked because you installed a custom recovery. My advice is find a rom that fits you, a bit of research may be in order. Once you have found a rom, make a nandroid backup and follow the devs instructions to the letter.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
- By Thepoto in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 03:53 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
- By bchong56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2014, 01:05 PM
- By Jesus Morin in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:51 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:31 PM