Looking for an app to change lock settings

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for an app for my One M8 that will do the following by just running it once:

- Change the security settings of my device to require a password after 15 minutes of inactivity and then lock the phone

I know, I could just enable this setting globally on my device, but when I am at home I don't want to have to type any pin to unlock my device. If I feel I need more security then I would like to just tap a button and this would enable the security lock settings.

Any ideas? Thanks!

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I tested delayed lock but it doesn't work as I would want it too. I would like to have the lock screen displayed so that lock screen notifications work (using Nils notifications) when I am at home..
Maybe I would have to compromise, but if you have any better ideas, I am happy to hear them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Tasker (US$3, IIRC) for that. I also disable USB debug when I leave home. (If something happens to the phone, I can come home (or go to my daughter's house - I have it triggering on 2 different wifi IDs) and get into it with adb, but if someone "finds" it, they can't.) I also use it to change the screen timeout for various apps (I can sit and read a Wikipedia article for more than the 30 seconds I usually have the timeout set to, and when I'm shopping I may not touch the phone for 3 or 4 minutes, but I don't want the screen timing out and locking on me.)

There are litreally hundreds (maybe thousands) of Tasker scripts on various forums to do all sorts of things.

If you can't write your own Android apps (or don't want to bother to), Tasker is the next best thing. Once you get familiar with it, some tasks that you want to write to stop something that annoys you take less than a minute to write. (If you've never written any computer code, though, the learning curve is pretty steep. But it's worth it according to a lot of people I've spoken to who started with no knowledge of programming at all.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781