Sony Xperia C not listed under rooting devices

AMbernardo28

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I need help in rooting my Xperia C because I always get "insufficient space on the device"
whenever I try to install apps from Google Play knowing that my external sd card is 32gb.
And I just purchased it yesterday. It got me heartbroken coz I can't even install not more than 2 apps.

Please help me.

Thank you. :)

- AM

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Rooting doesn't give you more storage space, it uses storage space (it installs at least 2 additional files).

2) Since Towel Root roots at the kernel level, it should root almost any phone. (Also it's an Android app, so you don't need a computer to root the phone.)

But rooting the phone won't give you more space. If you're thinking of moving your apps to your external SD card, many apps can't be moved (it depends on how they're written). And when an app is moved to the SD card, not all of it is moved in many cases. And there's a link to the moved code left in internal storage (because that's where Android looks for apps), so you don't save as much space as you think you will.

The Xperia C was designed to be cheap, not to have a lot of space (it has 4GB of ROM, most of which is used by the system).