- 2 Posts
Sony Xperia C not listed under rooting devices
Hi, I need help in rooting my Xperia C because I always get "insufficient space on the device"
whenever I try to install apps from Google Play knowing that my external sd card is 32gb.
And I just purchased it yesterday. It got me heartbroken coz I can't even install not more than 2 apps.
Please help me.
- 08-17-2014, 05:16 PM #2
Re: Sony Xperia C not listed under rooting devices
1) Rooting doesn't give you more storage space, it uses storage space (it installs at least 2 additional files).
2) Since Towel Root roots at the kernel level, it should root almost any phone. (Also it's an Android app, so you don't need a computer to root the phone.)
But rooting the phone won't give you more space. If you're thinking of moving your apps to your external SD card, many apps can't be moved (it depends on how they're written). And when an app is moved to the SD card, not all of it is moved in many cases. And there's a link to the moved code left in internal storage (because that's where Android looks for apps), so you don't save as much space as you think you will.
The Xperia C was designed to be cheap, not to have a lot of space (it has 4GB of ROM, most of which is used by the system).
- By fiddell in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2014, 04:37 AM
- By bubbbab in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM
- By Omar Nadeem in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2014, 03:30 PM
- By bchong56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2014, 01:05 PM