Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incoming Text message alert tone on Galaxy s5

How do I get the single, one time alert tone back? All of a sudden I'm getting the samsung incoming call song that just keeps playing and playing until I go in and open up the home page and click on the text message?
    Also, is there anyway to see if a text shows up on the screen without touching the on button and swiping up the page to get the the text icon? Thanks !!!

Global Posts
    11,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Incoming Text message alert tone on Galaxy s5

Quote Originally Posted by nancylyons View Post
    How do I get the single, one time alert tone back? All of a sudden I'm getting the samsung incoming call song that just keeps playing and playing until I go in and open up the home page and click on the text message?
    Also, is there anyway to see if a text shows up on the screen without touching the on button and swiping up the page to get the the text icon? Thanks !!!
    Open the text messaging application > settings > notification. There should be something to enable notification then select the ringtone or notification tone. Switch it to the single-sound/pop.

Let us know if you have any questions.