Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How to Keep Unlimited Data with Verizon

Hello!
    I have been trying to follow along with a few threads and have researched online but I want to double check that this would work in my situation as well.

There are three lines on my plan. Line 1 has unlimited and is eligible for an upgrade. Line 2 and 3 have the 2GB for $30 plan and are not eligible for an upgrade until Feb. 2015 and April 2015.

From what I have read so far, in order to keep my unlimited data plan on line 1, I need to transfer the upgrade from line 1 to line 2. Order the phone online with line 2. Then when the new phone comes, do not turn it on, but take out the sim card and replace with the sim card from line 1 phone.

Is this correct? Also, will this add two more years to line 2 so the renewal date would be Feb 2017 instead of 2015?
    Thank you!

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Default Re: How to Keep Unlimited Data with Verizon

There was a thread on this already, it was active as I just did the upgrade through Best Buy using the info in the thread but it mysteriously just disappeared? Funny....
    Either way I was told to not use the sim that came with the phone and use the existing sim in your current phone and you should be ok. I opted to upgrade my main line BTW, hopefully this thread stays up long enough to post my results in keeping my UDP.....

Edit: not trying to thread jack, sorry for not answering your question, I just know there was a thread with the answer that I was following and its just gone now...

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello!
    I have been trying to follow along with a few threads and have researched online but I want to double check that this would work in my situation as well.

There are three lines on my plan. Line 1 has unlimited and is eligible for an upgrade. Line 2 and 3 have the 2GB for $30 plan and are not eligible for an upgrade until Feb. 2015 and April 2015.

From what I have read so far, in order to keep my unlimited data plan on line 1, I need to transfer the upgrade from line 1 to line 2. Order the phone online with line 2. Then when the new phone comes, do not turn it on, but take out the sim card and replace with the sim card from line 1 phone.

Is this correct? Also, will this add two more years to line 2 so the renewal date would be Feb 2017 instead of 2015?
    Thank you!
    That is correct. But new contract will be from the day you do the upgrade until two years later so if you do it today contract end date is 8/18/2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

BB method worked for me as of today

"Starting August 24, Verizon is expected to introduce a policy change that will require customers upgrading to a smartphone at a discounted price to keep a data plan attached to that smartphone for the duration of its contract. This will prevent customers from having a cheap feature phone on one line and an unlimited smartphone on another, upgrading the feature phone line to a discounted smartphone and then moving that smartphone to the unlimited line"

Wonder if this will have any impact on this method....

Quote Originally Posted by bmangia1 View Post
    "Starting August 24, Verizon is expected to introduce a policy change that will require customers upgrading to a smartphone at a discounted price to keep a data plan attached to that smartphone for the duration of its contract. This will prevent customers from having a cheap feature phone on one line and an unlimited smartphone on another, upgrading the feature phone line to a discounted smartphone and then moving that smartphone to the unlimited line"

Wonder if this will have any impact on this method....
    Doubtful but we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk