Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default message reads vzwavs service has stopped

what is vzwavs service and what does it do

Default Re: message reads vzwavs service has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that it's Verizon's own antivirus/antimalware app. If I were still on Verizon, I'd try to disable it (like most other Verizon bloatware apps) and install a different security app of my choosing, like Lookout or Malwarebytes. Since Google scans all apps that are installed, other antivirus apps are becoming a bit superfluous, so you might not even need one.

VZWAVS is a Verizon (W?) Address Verification Service. That's about all I know about it!! But if this is about the annoying pop up that comes up saying it's stopped, it's from the new play store update. You just have to uninstall and disable Google +
    B. Diddy likes this.

The W is for Wireless (VZW = Verizon Wireless).

I found this post from Duster14 on the Verizon forums. I'd post a link to it, but this forum isn't letting me do that.

VZWAVSSERVICE is the Verizon Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file)..

Here is how I turned mine off... go to settings, applications, application manager. It should be on the "Download" screen when you first get there. Then swipe it over to " All", scroll down to vzwavsservice, click on it, clear cache and force shutdown or turn it off. See if that works. I no longer get that message on my phone after start-up. If it doesn't help you can always swipe over to "Turned Off" under the same application manager screen and turn it back on. Hope this temporary fix helps you out.