did not pay for data

A

AC Question

Hi.
I recently (yesterday) bought a new phone and although I asked for and supposedly got a voice-only plan I seem to have data as well. My phone says I have currently used 266MB of data since I got the phone (mainly from downloading apps i would assume). Or am i misunderstanding something?
This is my first 'smartphone' and as such don't have a clue what this means.
Thanks,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What service are you using, and which phone? Are you seeing a 3G or 4G indicator in the Notification Bar? Could the data just be from wi-fi?

I would check with your wireless service, because if your plan didn't include data, maybe they'll charge you by the MB.

Motorhead168

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I've never seen a 3G or 4G indicator on. The plan is through SaskTel in Canada and it's a Huawei Ascend Y530 phone.
The contract I signed yesterday is for $30 per month voice-only and there wasn`t anything mentioned about having any sort of data, just wi-fi. I noticed I always had the internet no matter where I was so my friend looked at the phone today and told me that the data `switch`was on.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen a 3G or 4G indicator on. The plan is through SaskTel in Canada and it's a Huawei Ascend Y530 phone.
The contract I signed yesterday is for $30 per month voice-only and there wasn`t anything mentioned about having any sort of data, just wi-fi. I noticed I always had the internet no matter where I was so my friend looked at the phone today and told me that the data `switch`was on.

If you go into settings there will be a data usage page that tells you how much data each app has used. There is also an option there to show WiFi data, which might be what you're seeing, like B. Diddy said

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21