Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Apps crashing on galaxy tab 2 when I try to open anything.

Just bought a galaxy tab 2 and did a hard reset to erase the previous owners stuff because he didn't do a reset. Went through everything to set it up but everytime I try to open any app it says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". And this is with everything but Youtube. When I open youtube it force closes and says that it can't open either. I've gone through the forum and searched and found a lot of people with the same problem and most of the time it is because the download manager is disabled so people say to enable it. When I go into the settings and apps, I check the download manager and the only thing you can do is either Force stop or turn it off so that would mean its already enabled right? So I don't know whats going on and pretty sure I just wasted a ton of money on this because I can't do anything with it. Anyone know the reason why this is happening?

Default Re: Apps crashing on galaxy tab 2 when I try to open anything.

Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if the previous owner rooted the tablet? Maybe it's running an unstable ROM.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition. I know that you did a hard reset, but it won't hurt to try: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    UJ95x likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Apps crashing on galaxy tab 2 when I try to open anything.

Where did you buy the device? It's possible that the former owner was just looking to get rid of a device that was no longer working properly. If it didn't work after a factory reset it's likely a hardware issue and you'll either have to ask for a refund or spend more money to get a new one

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4