Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default sony v heating up

hi, i got my sony v for a year and 7months now. it was wet during an accident (but before that it's already starting to heat up and used battery so fast) at first, i couldn't on it and after puting it in the rice storage, it on but cannot be charge. i change battery so many times until the vendor gave up and said it's the hardware problem already. now im not using it btw, it's already past of it's warranty period.

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: sony v heating up

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    hi, i got my sony v for a year and 7months now. it was wet during an accident (but before that it's already starting to heat up and used battery so fast) at first, i couldn't on it and after puting it in the rice storage, it on but cannot be charge. i change battery so many times until the vendor gave up and said it's the hardware problem already. now im not using it btw, it's already past of it's warranty period.
    Hello. Could you clarify what you need help with?

First, you said it overheats, but then you said that you can't charge it.

Does it still turn on?

I'd be happy to help if you could clear these things up.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Default Re: sony v heating up

Welcome to Android Central! The behavior sounds like a bad battery. Are you saying you already tried a new battery?

Make sure the battery contacts are clean. If you have an SD card inserted, remove it, since a corrupt card can cause various issues.