Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Water on LG G2 (verizon)

Water from my neighbors balcony dripped on top of my g2. it sat there for probably a couple minutes before i realized. i got the back off as fast as possible, powered down, removed the sim card, and put it in rice.
    Since my phone was not fully submerged, and the water was covering the face of the phone, my first concern was that water seeped into the speaker, and possibly spread within the phone from there. after a little while, i took the phone out and turned it on (i know, big no no). it seemed to work fine, and the LDI was not activated.
    I turned it back off and it is back in the rice now. should i keep it in there, or is it safe to use it again?

Default Re: Water on LG G2 (verizon)

48hrs is the minimum I would leave it in there. If you can, go for a week in the rice box.

It's a toss up though. My mom dropped her old iphone4 in the toilet, took a year to finally die after it came out of the rice box.

Either way, I hope your phone is one of the lucky ones.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

thanks. i guess i will have to be patient

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by car_hop View Post
    thanks. i guess i will have to be patient
    You might consider an alcohol bath to get the moisture out of every crevice. Rice is not as much of a moisture magnet as people think it is. Alcohol will wash out all of the water and evaporate completely. I prefer 99.95% alcohol that can be found at electronics supply stores like Fry's. You could also use an electronics cleaner in an aerosol can. There are several water damage threads around.