Is there a way I can copay a stock rom to my SD card and flas the file via TWRP after I wiped my S3?

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz help

I bought my GS3 from a friend and while doing a factory reset using TWRP I wiped my whole OS out. I can't get it to connect to kies either. Is there a way I can copy a stock rom to my sad card and flash the file via TWRP? Plz help guys I just got this phone I've been trying to fix it for eight hours straight now.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz ...

I bought my GS3 from a friend and while doing a factory reset using TWRP I wiped my whole OS out. I can't get it to connect to kies either. Is there a way I can copy a stock rom to my sad card and flash the file via TWRP? Plz help guys I just got this phone I've been trying to fix it for eight hours straight now.

Well try find a rom version dont matter and put it on your sd card and flash it in twrp and boot and enable usb flash drive put your fav rom/stock and flash it and if it works enjoy ;)

Edit: connect the sd card to your computer and put the rom there.

Last edited:

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz ...

I've tried to zip the file and put it on my sd card but the install through TWRP failed can anyone help walk me through this ? It's my first time. I'm having trouble finding my model number through sammobile website ? I'm confused as hell

Last edited:

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz ...

Ok I've gotten onto the sammobile website and finally found my model..... I was puttin a 1 where it was a capital I lol duh but after trying to download the file it goes through installing a bunch of crap I just want the file so I can put it on my sad card omg plz help I'm still having a headache with this

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

I got the file onto my sd card but can't get it to install plz help me from here

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Go to the XDA S3 forum and find a ROM in TWRP form that you like. Download the zip, put it on your SD card and, in TWRP, do an install. There are lot of "almost stock" ROMs, there are also a lot of "nothing like stock" ROMs that you might like even better.

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

Ok I'm gna try I downloaded firmware from sammobile and tried installing it from my sd card but the flash failed.... Could u help walk me through this as I am unfamiliar with TWRP

eitherrideordie

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz help

As the guy above me said it might be easier getting a close to stock custom rom as opposed to the S3 rom, I'm not entirely sure how to use TWRP either but I think you might need to wipe davlik, and cache and all that, which might be your problem? Obviously that will wipe out all that stuff though.

Maybe check: http[double dot, forward slash, forward slash] teamw[dot]in[forward slash]whattowipe

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: I accidentally completely wiped my galaxy s3 operating system and all!!! Plz help

You may be right about it being easier to get an almost stock rom but I'm still having trouble even on the xda forum of finding a rom to download and am having trouble flashing the rom I really need help with someone who knows a lot about TWRP. I knw it's a way bar recovery system and that I'm thankful it's on my phone but that's all I do knw about it lol before three days ago I couldn't even tell u what a rom was I'm learning a lot (enough to download and copy a stock rom onto my sd card) but I really really need a walk through here . I just bought the phone from a friend about a week ago an wiped out the os like an ***** lol plz someone help before they have to commit me to a insane asylum lol

eitherrideordie

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

You may be right about it being easier to get an almost stock rom but I'm still having trouble even on the xda forum of finding a rom to download and am having trouble flashing the rom I really need help with someone who knows a lot about TWRP. I knw it's a way bar recovery system and that I'm thankful it's on my phone but that's all I do knw about it lol before three days ago I couldn't even tell u what a rom was I'm learning a lot (enough to download and copy a stock rom onto my sd card) but I really really need a walk through here . I just bought the phone from a friend about a week ago an wiped out the os like an ***** lol plz someone help before they have to commit me to a insane asylum lol
Fair enough man, I remember my first install of a ROM, and having problems, and the one thing I found out is when everything go's all to crap, is when you learn the most, and the quickest haha.
Unfortunately I can't really help with TWRP but if you follow this link [http : //]galaxynote3root[. c om]/galaxy-note-3-tutorials/how-to-install-custom-rom-using-twrp-on-rooted-galaxy-note-3/
it might help? Just make sure to do the wipe and factory reset part. Or else post what the error is might help?

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm doing that now. I will try anything... If I could actually connect to samsung kies I think this would be a lot easier but seeing as I can't do anything but TWRP it's a pain in my a ss

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

Ok I skipped the wipe and factory reset step but didn't think that would be a problem seeing as in the first place that's what I messed up doing but I will try

Brian White7

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

Omg I got it guys I used odin to flash a stock rom and I'm soooo happy I finally got my phone back up an running thank u guys for your help an support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18