I was looking at some photos on the camera when the screen suddenly went black. I tried to turn it on again but the on switch is not responding. The battery has not run out and I plugged it in to charge it anyway. However the battery charging symbol has not appeared as normal. To all intent and purposes it appears to be dead which doesn't make sense as I've only had it since last October.
- 08-18-2014, 08:33 AM #2
- 08-18-2014, 12:32 PM #3
Re: Samsung EK100
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with trying a new battery first. Defective batteries can fail at any time. You can confirm a bad battery by removing it, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.
How long did you hold the Power button down? Sometimes you have to keep it down for 10-15 seconds.
If the new battery does nothing, then it might be a problem with the motherboard. You'd probably have to contact Samsung or bring the phone to a repair shop.
- By JellyBeanGurl in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM
- By arnestang in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2014, 10:20 AM
- By JellyJamStudios in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2014, 05:43 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 03:07 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2014, 02:55 AM