Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung EK100

Hi!

I was looking at some photos on the camera when the screen suddenly went black. I tried to turn it on again but the on switch is not responding. The battery has not run out and I plugged it in to charge it anyway. However the battery charging symbol has not appeared as normal. To all intent and purposes it appears to be dead which doesn't make sense as I've only had it since last October.

Default Re: Samsung EK100

It looks like it may be battery failure. Could you try another battery to check?

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: Samsung EK100

Welcome to Android Central! I agree with trying a new battery first. Defective batteries can fail at any time. You can confirm a bad battery by removing it, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.

How long did you hold the Power button down? Sometimes you have to keep it down for 10-15 seconds.

If the new battery does nothing, then it might be a problem with the motherboard. You'd probably have to contact Samsung or bring the phone to a repair shop.