Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default black screen

After coming back from the beach I realized my phone wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in to charge but still nothing. The light flashes occasionally so I guess it's still getting calls and texts. I try to push the power button and it vibrates but nothing appears on screen. I'm travelling in Brazil and I need my phone to get around. Any suggestions?

Default Re: black screen

It may be battery failure. If not, are you able to get into Recovery Mode and try wiping the Cache Partition?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: black screen

Any chance of sand or moisture getting in? You don't say what phone. If you can remove the sim, sd card and battery for a while - try a hairdryer or vacuum cleaner, clean the battery connection if removable, and the usb port with a soft toothbrush. If there is possible water try to seal it in uncooked rice for at least 24 hours, or Isopropyl Alcohol.

If the screen is black though it probably needs replacing. Try to save files to a pc if there is no pin lock.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.