Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone Network Roaming

Just to be clear I have data roaming switched off.

When I travel from France to England the phone continues to show that I am still Roaming, little R by the signal strength indicator, as far as I can tell, until I reboot the phone.

All I really need to know is, is it lying to me so just carry on and use it anyway; or is it telling the truth so reboot it and connect to a UK network?

Thanks for any enlightenment

Andrew

[Cubot GT99]

Default Re: Phone Network Roaming

It means you're roaming. You turned off data roaming but as for cell signal (calls and texts) you're roaming. If you're trying to fully disable the radios on the phone I'd turn on airplane mode.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Only one way to know for sure. Go into your Settings, find the 'About Device' section of your phone. There, you should see a section for STATUS. In there, the current network you're connected to and the roaming state should appear. If you're connected to your carrier's network but still flagged as roaming, then it's a glitch on their side. But if the roaming part is 'true', you should see a different carrier on the network status, meaning that the switch over is not being carried out properly when you're back in your country.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I found an app which shows the carrier network I am actually connected to on the main screen. That should identify whether the phone is telling me the truth or not.

Andrew