Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Hi,

I have a Z1 and am running the SOKP 4.4.4 ROM and have been getting terrible battery-life compared to over Roms. Why is this ? Why does Android OS tak nearly 3/4 of my battery life ? What can I do about this ??

Thnx !

Edit : Just to clarify, this is with Mobile Data off at all times and WiFi on only for the last few hours... And I hardly used the phone today since I was away :/ Really gutted about this Never had Android OS take so much up...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drain problems - Android OS 70% + ?!-1728.jpg  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Battery drain problems - Android OS 70% + ?!

Has this been an issue since you installed the ROM or did it start recently? It might be a bug with the kernel they're using. Last I checked, SOKP didn't have a stable release of 4.4.4 so it might be worth switching to an older version of SOKP (4.4.2 was pretty good when I used it) or changing ROMs altogether until they do.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Has this been an issue since you installed the ROM or did it start recently? It might be a bug with the kernel they're using. Last I checked, SOKP didn't have a stable release of 4.4.4 so it might be worth switching to an older version of SOKP (4.4.2 was pretty good when I used it) or changing ROMs altogether until they do.
    Hi - yeah it looks like the Kernel.. I will probably flash back to CM11 M9 snapahot - that was real stable and had gr8 batterylife

How can you tell if its a problem with the kernel? Which other ROM should I switch to?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife737 View Post
    Hi - yeah it looks like the Kernel.. I will probably flash back to CM11 M9 snapahot - that was real stable and had gr8 batterylife

Let me know if that was the fix

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Leyland View Post
    How can you tell if its a problem with the kernel? Which other ROM should I switch to?
    The"Android OS" drain is mostly from kernel processes. If their kernel is buggy, it can cause the excessive drain like we see in OP's post.
    Are you having it as well?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4