Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Help Samsung Ring just did it's own factory reset

Please help my phone did it's own factory reset but now it says my memory is full but I have nothing all my pictures my apps everything is gone...Please help.

Default Re: Help Samsung Ring just did it's own factory reset

Welcome to Android Central! Uh-oh, that doesn't sound too good. What were you doing at the time of the unexpected reset? Did you have to go through the entire setup wizard again, as if it were a brand new phone?

Try removing the SD card and rebooting, in case the card is corrupt. But if the phone truly did a factory reset on its own, any data that was stored on the phone is gone. Hopefully, you had your contacts synced with your Google account, and were also backing up your photos to Google+ or some other cloud service.

Although it's pretty rare, I have seen mentions here of phones suddenly factory resetting by themselves, probably due to some massive system glitch.
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    7,466 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Help Samsung Ring just did it's own factory reset

If the phone did a factory reset you'd have as much free storage as you had when you got the phone. What's more likely is that your storage got corrupt, and that could be due to a number of things, most of which are hardware problems. As B. Diddy said, removing the SD card might help, if the card is corrupt, but it's more than likely that the repair bill for the phone (since it's more likely to be an internal problem) would be more than that class of phone sells for these days.
    B. Diddy likes this.