Google maps and voice directions

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when Google Maps is in navigation mode I do not get any voice prompts only what's on the map at other times the voice prompts work correctly I have a nexus 4 that is completely stock any idea of what's going on here?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that if you lose network connectivity on an already loaded route you will see the directions but not hear the voice guidance, but you should hear a beep when a turn is coming though.

Have you checked your volume levels when you can't hear the directions?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that if you lose network connectivity on an already loaded route you will see the directions but not hear the voice guidance, but you should hear a beep when a turn is coming though.

Have you checked your volume levels when you can't hear the directions?

Volume is at maximum and I have full connectivity.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when Google Maps is in navigation mode I do not get any voice prompts only what's on the map at other times the voice prompts work correctly I have a nexus 4 that is completely stock any idea of what's going on here?

Have you upgraded to the latest version? I had the same issue but after the latest update it seems have gone away. I would also check the settings on "location services."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye