"Insufficient Space on the device"

AMbernardo28

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a new phone Sony Xperia C and it has 1GB RAM.
I also put a 32GB microSD card in it.
Problem is, I can't even install not more than 2 apps from Google play and I'm getting an error message "insufficient space on the device" whenever I try to install an app.
Please help me guys. :'(
Thank you soo much.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "space" the message is referring to is the internal ROM space. The phone has 4GB of internal ROM, most of which is used by the system, so you probably have 200MB or less of available space in which to install apps - which is almost nothing with current apps. And that's the problem - the phone simply doesn't have enough storage space to install any but the smallest apps.

(It doesn't matter how large the SD card is - you need internal storage to install apps. Some of them can be moved to the SD card, but there's still a link to their location on the card left in internal storage - because that's where Android looks for apps - and that fills up fast with such a small phone.)

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually had this exact problem, I had to factory reset my phone (GS5) to get it to work

But before you do that you should definitely make sure you actually have plenty of storage space on your phone

I would also try doing some troubleshooting before a factory reset as that is a last resort

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5