Google Text input on S5 > edit text on desktop?

A

AC Question

Not sure if there's a better way to phrase this question... can I hook up my Galaxy S5 to my desktop (Windows 7), by cable or wifi or bluetooth whatever, so I can dictate text on the phone (email, text doc) and have the text appear on my desktop screen for easier editing? (I don't have a webcam or microphone on the desktop). I love Google's voice to text function, I like it better than Dragon or other native solutions, unless you can suggest something better. But it's impossible to edit and keep thinking in that tiny little text box...

Thanks for any help! Not sure if this process is called synching, tethering, something like that? Or is it even possible to have them functioning as a network.

Hope I haven't committed any Forum offenses with this post. Cheers and thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This let's you use your phone from your computer. Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it's worth a try.
SAMSUNG SideSync

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

No, it doesn't. It lets you do it the other way around, though. Quite nifty, since you can use your mouse and keyboard to control the phone. And you can also mirror the phone on your PC, too.

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, this was very helpful. It's not exactly what I wanted, since I still have to edit text on an image of the phone, rather than in a program with better text editing functions). But I think it will work for me, and is a fascinating ap. Thanks again for the answers to my question!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, this was very helpful. It's not exactly what I wanted, since I still have to edit text on an image of the phone, rather than in a program with better text editing functions). But I think it will work for me, and is a fascinating ap. Thanks again for the answers to my question!

Sure thing :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4