Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Galaxy S5 - App to load to enhance scans of barcode displayed on the screen?

I just got my new S5 yesterday - my first Samsung and so far I'm liking it (2 Droids previously). During set up I noticed a Notification come across about a new feature which requires an App to load - it has to do with enhancing the ability of a hand held scanner to read a barcode from the S5 screen display. Unfortunately I rebooted and lost the message prior to writing down the App name. I can't seen to find what I want in the Market and haven't successfully found the answer here. Everything I find is about the S5 reading barcodes.

Global Posts
    8,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Galaxy S5 - App to load to enhance scans of barcode displayed on the screen?

What feature was it supposed to help with? Maybe an S5 owner here could help you if you let us know what it is you're trying to set up

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: Galaxy S5 - App to load to enhance scans of barcode displayed on the screen?

I was just loading old Apps to new phone. Nothing to do with bar codes. It was a Notification that I looked at briefly but lost across a reboot. It said the S5 had new features which allowed better/more accurate wand scans of bar codes (e.g. tickets) displayed on the S5 screen. You needed to load an App.....the name is what I'm seeking.

Posted via the Android Central App