Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 turns itself on

I replaced my S4 with a new phone so I don't need it anymore. It still has a Sim in it. I turned it off a week ago, not standby but off. Twice in the last week I have heard it start up in the other room only to walk in and see it booted itself and is announcing every notification I've gotten from all my apps over the time it was off (it's tied to the same google account as my new phone). The phone is not rooted or modified in any way. Is this a normal thing I never noticed because I never turn my phone off for more than a restart? Once the battery is dead it'll have to stop or I could pull the battery but it's the strangest thing to suddenly have your electronics reactivate themselves from an off state. Just a strange question I didn't see a good answer to anywhere.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S4 turns itself on

It's haunted!!!

Seriously, though, was it plugged in at the time? Do you recall any problems with erratic battery function around the time you stopped using the phone?