Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Camera App Delay - What's Causing It?

Hi - I have a Note 3 and I've been testing out most of the popular camera apps in the Play Store. I've tried Google Camera, Camera Awesome, Camera FV-5, Camera Zoom FX, and a couple more. I have noticed a significant delay in all of them - between 2-3 seconds between the time I press the button and when the image is actually captured. Interesting, the camera app that's the fastest is the stock Samsung camera app, which is only 1/2-second slow.

Any ideas why all of these apps are so slow? Is this a Note 3 issue that I need to get used to, or is there something I'm missing? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    8,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Camera App Delay - What's Causing It?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi - I have a Note 3 and I've been testing out most of the popular camera apps in the Play Store. I've tried Google Camera, Camera Awesome, Camera FV-5, Camera Zoom FX, and a couple more. I have noticed a significant delay in all of them - between 2-3 seconds between the time I press the button and when the image is actually captured. Interesting, the camera app that's the fastest is the stock Samsung camera app, which is only 1/2-second slow.

Any ideas why all of these apps are so slow? Is this a Note 3 issue that I need to get used to, or is there something I'm missing? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    It's the device. Although there have been large improvement to the camera hardware of mobile devices, there is still room for improvement. I think the shutters speed is snares a lot of people want to see improved. Some newer devices are getting better. I would definitely say it's hardware relayed, nothing app specific.