Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default New Android Galaxy s4 mini, says connected to home wifi, but can't get on internet! Help!?!

I'm new to smart phones and have a macbook pro at home. Have a good wifi signal and my new phone (Samsung Galaxy g4 mini) says it's connected, but I can't get on the internet. Message keeps coming up about a DNS server not found or firewall preventing internet from accessing. I've managed to get on wifi at work and in a couple shops so don't think it's my phone. I've unplugged my modem and "forgotten" the wifi connection several times, turned the phone off but I'm no tech wizard and don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: New Android Galaxy s4 mini, says connected to home wifi, but can't get on internet! Help!?!

Welcome to Android Central! You rebooted the modem, but what about the router? They're two different things (unless you have a combination modem/router, usually provided by your internet provider).

You may also want to log into the router using your computer's browser (see your router's manual to learn how), and check the firewall settings. See what happens if you set it to be minimal.

Other tips here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html